
Today our family celebrated Thanksgiving with a wonderful group of Americans. Around 80 people who are part of the ISE (international service employee) program packed into a village hall to enjoy fantastic home-cooked AMERICAN food in celebration of Thanksgiving.
And we have so much to be thankful for...
our health,
our loving family,
our children who continue to mature and delight us,
our amazing network of American friends over here in the UK,
cars (when they are working...),
friends who are willing to help (when the cars aren't working),
a good job,
and for our amazing opportunities to travel!
What an incredible year!
In trying to pictorially document our amazing experiences Jeanne came up with the idea to do an A to Z (or over here they would say "aye to zed"). What we have been able to see and do is more than amazing. This past year will probably be our biggest year of travel of our lifetime... and one we all will treasure!
We realize that these possibilities won't be there for much longer which is why we packed so much in. During the first half of the year we tried to maximize the travel opportunities for Jordan (Jeanne's nephew who was staying with us), then it was to maximize what we could see during the summer vacation, then there were some fantastic sights we could see before the weather turned bad...(Salzburg is so beautiful in the autumn!), then an opportunity came to see Israel during the kids half term break... We maximized bargain flights, cooking on the road and made efficient use of Scott's vacation days.
Our travels have been great, but seeing our children grow in knowledge and appreciate God's world and people is even more wonderful.
If you want to see our year in pictures you can click on the photo below for a larger image.

I feel so blessed.


1 comment:
Wow! You guys have really packed it in this year! I am enjoying being an armchair viewer at this point! We just went down to Champaign to spend the weekend with Ben, and I hated packing for that! I guess I am a little burned out from traveling. But, please, continue traveling and I will continuing reading!
Post a Comment