Sunday, March 8, 2009

It felt like mother's day

Jordan decided that he was tired of pot pie. Okay, maybe serving it three days in a row because we had leftovers was a bit much. But he came up with the idea to cook us all a special meal. I certainly wanted to encourage him since it was such a nice offer. So after church we stopped at the store and we bought his ingredients.

When dinner time rolled around it felt so good to be able to stay upstairs (working on my scrapbooking). Jordan sounded very industrious but I became a bit worried when he called Bryce in to help. Bryce actually left his favorite TV show, Top Gear, to help out in the kitchen. Then I hear LOUD laughter, more clanging, more laughter. Bryce then wants to know where the grater is located. More laughter.

"It's dinner time!" and we all spill into the kitchen. It looks delicious! Jordan (and Bryce) fixed chicken alfredo...how wonderful! But they did look guilty and I was a bit concerned. After the first bite I knew something had gone dreadfully wrong. It was STRONG. Very cheesy, but that wasn't the problem. Scott was the first to diagnose the problem..."does it have lemon juice in it?"

"Yes" was their reply.

Then Bryce volunteers "he read the recipie..."

Then I ask "but did he follow the recipie?"

Jordan answered "Well, the recipie called for 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice and I told Bryce 1 cup".

We laughed a lot during the meal and consumed most of the grilled chicken (unanimous approval). It wasn't a big surprise that we did have a lot of the the alfredo left over. When contemplating whether we should save any for another meal Scott piped in "well, it might encourage people to eat the pot pie".

Even with bad food, we still had a really fun family meal...though most of us are still a bit hungry.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Ok, that gave me a good laugh! Praise God that he even tries Jeanne! And did you know that we live next door to Jeremy Clarkson's momma?

The Rodmans said...

when life gives you a bowl of lemons........

Cathren12 (mom) said...

What a great memory! You gave me such a great laugh & reminded me of all the times I have messed up a recipe :-)